Anyone who wants to apply for a mortgage must know that the bank will require many different types of documents from her. In the case of such loans, very large sums of money are involved, so the bank must first check everything carefully, and secondly, adequately secure itself, not to lose the borrowed funds. Of course, individual banks have different requirements in terms of credit documentation, however, many of the required “securities” are repeated in all banking institutions.

Documents that we have to deliver to the bank can be divided into several categories. The first of these is personal documents. They include:

  • ID card,
  • the second document with a photo (driving license, passport)
  • marriage certificate (applies to applications under the Mieszkanie dla Młodych program),
  • property separation agreement,
  • decree of divorce,

Of course, we do not have to provide the above-mentioned documents in every case. Everything depends on the decision of the bank in which we submit the loan application.

Another group of documents required by banks are those related to our finances. They include:

Another group of documents required by banks are those related to our finances. They include:

For persons employed on a contract of employment, contract for a specific task, commission, pensioners:

  • a certificate from the workplace, confirming our income (usually 30 days is important),
  • bank statements from the last 3 or 6 months, confirming the inflow to our account,
  • PIT 37 for the previous year,
  • work certificates,
  • declaration from the employer, about the absence of contraindications to the extension of the employment contract (if the applicant works for a definite period),
  • annexes to the employment contract, if in the last year something changed in it,
  • contracts confirming the execution of orders or works with bills,
  • decision on granting a pension or old-age pension,
  • episode of the last pension

For people running a business:

  • ZUS certificate for not paying dues (valid 30 days),
  • certificate from the Tax Office for not paying dues (valid 30 days),
  • certificate on granting the REGON number,
  • certificate for the NIP number,
  • a certificate of entry in the business activity register,
  • PIT 36 for the previous financial year,
  • account statement (usually for a period of 12 months),
  • Ledger,
  • profit and loss balance for the last 12 months,
  • CIT or PIT tax return for the last financial year,
  • statement on the amount of income after tax for the last 6 or 12 months,

Documents required by banks very often depend on the type of business.

Banks will also require documents related to real estate from us. We count to let them:

  • preliminary contract with the developer and attachments,
  • documents confirming the own contribution (confirmation of the developer, bank statement, confirmation of the transfer),
  • a copy from the land and mortgage register,
  • decision on the building permit,
  • preliminary contract with the property seller,
  • real estate valuation,
  • an excerpt from the land registry,
  • construction project (for inspection),
  • cost estimate and work schedule,
  • log building,
  • real estate photos

As we can see, the documents that will require banks from us are very much. Of course, not all of the above will be needed in each case. It may also happen that banks will require us from others. In most cases, this is an individual matter and there are no rigidly written rules. Some of the mentioned certificates are free to obtain, for others we have to pay. We must take this into account as they increase the cost of our loan. And although many of us will be a bit annoyed at the bank’s requests for more “papers”, we must grit our teeth and provide the bank with what it requires, because otherwise our mortgage application may be rejected.